Evaluates mechanical systems, products, components, and applications by applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
Confirms system's and components' capabilities by testing capabilities.
Develops mechanical products by studying requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling mechanical components; soliciting observations from operators.
Assures product quality by designing mechanical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
Prepares product reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
Deliverables – REPORTING TO EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT.
· She/he must be able to work in diverse roles within the facility and will be required to work shifts and put in long working hours.
· Schedule and undertake periodic maintenance on all electrical equipment, components, and installations
· Provide prompt response to inquiries whenever there is a breakdown, and resolve the issue as quickly as possible
· Ensure that equipment are in good working order so as to prevent disruption of activities
· Installation of fresh electrical components and fittings
· Recommend replacement for old or faulty electrical components or fittings to the management
· Assist in forecasting requirements, creating a budget and scheduling expenses for the electrical department
· Keep record of all stock and supplies, including company’s electrical equipment
· Working in collaboration with the production team to formulate the best cost-effective manufacturing process
· Perform energy audit and recommend alternative sources of energy to help the organization to reduce energy costs
· Ensure that all electrical gadgets and instruments are switched off after close of work daily
· Fix and maintain lighting fixtures and fittings
· Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and provide preventive maintenance services
· Provide safe working environment for members of staff, and ensure electricity induced accidents and mishaps are prevented
· Provide 24 hours a day maintenance services or assign technical staff to do so
· Supervise electrical works when new projects are undertaken
· Support the company in increasing profitability by managing resources efficiently and making necessary recommendations.
Min Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
VACANCY FOR Mechanical Engineers.
A manufacturing concern based in Lagos is keen to secure the services of experienced professionals as Mechanical Engineers.
The Candidate must have the relevant job qualifications and certification where applicable. Any relevant further academic/professional qualification will be an advantage. He/she must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a factory environment.
VACANCY FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER.
A Manufacturing concern based in Lagos is desirous of securing the services of an experienced professional as an Electrical Engineer. Candidate must have a good first degree in relevant course of study and preferably a post graduate/professional qualification. He/she must have 3 - 6 years’ experience maintenance of a manufacturing facility in Nigeria. She/he must be able to revolve around installation of electrical components, machines and gadgets; maintenance of such machines as well as troubleshooting and repairs whenever there is a breakdown. The Candidate must have verifiable working experience.
Requirement – Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills for the Electrical Engineer Position
· Ability to comprehend and adhere to health and safety regulations and standards
· Ability to anticipate problems and quickly find solutions to them
· Ability to analyze situations and provide prompt solutions to challenges
· Someone who can generate innovative ideas and techniques easily
· A person who can single-handedly and efficiently perform electrical installation jobs
· Someone who can supervise junior technicians and possesses a team spirit
· A person who can quickly adapt to changes and learn new skills and techniques.
Personal Qualities Skills Required for the Job: Compliance: Team Management Skills, Analytical Thinking, Adheres strictly to organizational/sector policies and procedures. Integrity and confidentiality, Acceptability: personal style not abrasive to colleagues or customers. Planning and organizing: ability to establish efficient and appropriate course of action for self; strong organizational skills. Work standards, Practical learning, Detail Handling, Energy, Efficiency and effectiveness, Personal organization and self-discipline, Punctuality, Attendance and Reliability.