Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must possess a B.Sc. degree (Hons) in Accounting with at least Second Class (Lower Division) plus MBA or M.Sc. in relevant discipline from a recognized University.
- In addition, candidate must be a full member of a recognized professional accounting body such as ICAN, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or ANAN.
- The candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in a University system or comparable Institution of higher learning, five (5) of which must have been at a Management position.
- Furthermore, he or she must have attained the position of a Deputy Bursar in a University’s Bursary Department or equivalent Institution.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Intending applicant should not be more than sixty (60) years of age by October 1, 2019.
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a University Bursar of Public Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the State Government and the University Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications with twenty (20) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the vision for the position, providing information on the following:
- Full name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Email Address(s)
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of Children
- Permanent Home Address Phone Numbers
- Degrees (including dates/class and institutions) and/or any other qualifications and
- distinctions (Photocopies of Certificates to be attached).
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present posts.
- List of Publications.
- Current Research
- Other Activities outside Current Employment
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Proposed date of availability for Duties, if appointed. Any other relevant information.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelope marked “Post of University Bursar, UNIMED" and addressed to:
The Acting Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Medical Sciences,
Laje Road, Ondo City,
- The candidate should also state in clear terms of not more than 500 words, his/her vision statement for the University in the next five years with particular reference to administration, control and innovations in the University Bursary.
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three (3) referees, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the Acting Registrar and Secretary to Council via the address above