Lidya Global is recruiting for fulltime Collections Analyst.
Lidya is the future of finance for small businesses in frontier and emerging markets. Our goal is to help great business owners access financing and build a credit score through an easy and inspiring lending process. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria where over 100,000 businesses have signed up for its service and is backed by Omidyar Network, Accion, Newid Capital, Bamboo Capital and Alitheia Capital. The Company has raised close to $10m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collections Analyst
- Lidya is expanding its activities. To support our development, we are looking for a strategic and experienced Collections Analyst to join our team. Your work will help maximize our loan book and minimize our debt settlements. You will be a driving force in helping Lidya quickly scale to millions of loans with minimal losses and exceptional returns. This is a perfect opportunity to participate in an entrepreneurial adventure that will revolutionize business in Africa, Europe and beyond.
- The Collections Analyst position is responsible for negotiating payments and settlements on behalf of Lidya to ensure the timely collection of payments from delinquent clients and accurate accounts receivable reporting.
- Ambitious & Metrics Driven: You want to solve the $5 trillion USD small business credit gap across fast-growing economies. You are committed to relentlessly finding the right customer, building trust and converting those relationships into sustainable, win-win partnerships. You understand that you will be judged on your numbers and building a high growth, profitable loan book.
- Has No Complacency and is High Energy. You understand your role is critical to the company. You apply high energy every day to settle debts and decrease NPLs. You want to grow every day, month, quarter, year. You are persistent, clear and driven to get deals done – properly and quickly.
- Resourceful, High Integrity, High Impact. You find a way. You do business with trust and transparency and dig into the details with the aim to help customers repay on-time and consistently.
- Collaborative. You understand you need a team to succeed. You carry along internal stakeholders to ensure they are aligned to support and drive collections.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Debt Settlements: Accurately maintain client records throughout the debt collection process and work with customers to develop, recommend, and enact payment plans to eliminate client debt in an agreed timeframe aligned with Lidya’s collections policy. Manage all past due accounts and determine the appropriate collection action to be takenfor each individual client. Collect on delinquent accounts by contacting customers via telephone, email, and visiting the place of business. Compile daily, weekly, and monthly reports on status of delinquent accounts, collection activity, and accounts receivable status. Report progress of collections to Supervisor, make recommendations for next steps and write-offs.
- Loan Portfolio Growth: Support the evaluation of loans given to customers by ensuring that credit appraisals are completed properly and uphold monitoring of accounts to identify outstanding debts. Review terms of contract and service with client and clearly communicate various payment options. Work cooperatively with other departments to best determine how to balance both the customer's and Lidya’s needs.
Min Required Experience: 2 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Desired Qualifications and Skillset
- 2 to 4+ years of experience working in financial services industry as a collections, credit disputes, credit reporting, or fraud resolution analyst.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Law, Accounting, Statistics, Investments or a related business discipline.
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Outstanding customer engagement skills and demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships, including considerable experience with client negotiations.
- Superior organization with a demonstration of ownership and taking initiative to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills including the ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
- Competitive salary and workplace benefits.
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for country-changing ventures.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Lidya is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly believe that diverse and inclusive teams make better decisions and work more effectively to make a positive impact for all employees.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
2 Positions - Not Specified