Busy Minds Consult is recruiting for fulltime Head Cook.
Busy Minds Consult - Our client, a highly dynamic Logistics Services company in Lagos is seeking the services of an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Cook
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and monitor their roles.
- Coordinate all related culinary activities.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
- Select and develop recipes as per contractual requirements.
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Plan and price menus for various functions and meals.
- Ensure proper and strict food safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Responsible for meeting food costs via portion control process
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases.
- Ability to manage a multi-national kitchen brigade.
- To plan and implement effective food promotion and theme nights.
- To train and develop each cook so that they can operate independently.
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by your line manager.
Min Required Experience: 5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Diploma/OND/NCE
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Effective communication skill
- Analytical capacity and numerical accuracy
- Initiative and integrity
- Able to input date and use special software
- Ability to communicate with personnel of all levels
- Menu development and training skills
- Management of details
- Presentation of work
- Competent in locating discrepancies and ability to resolve.
- Competent in managing a catering multi-national facility serving a diverse clientele base from VIP to junior personnel
- Analytical capacity and accuracy
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-Motivated and willing to learn new processes;
- The resilience to deal with periods of work pressure and diplomacy to deal with difficult employees, customers, contactors and others in the course of their duties.
- Reliable, with the ability to maintain high levels of service
- Motivated with the ability to effectively work on own initiative
- Physical fitness and mental agility to successful function for an extended period if required.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Culinary arts or related field
- NVQ Professional Cookery
- Experience of HACCP.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in similar position inclusive supervising kitchen brigade
- Experience of both Nigerian and Western cuisine
- A background in catering within camp and remote sites
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.
Note: Dates of each of your work experience should include the start month and year and stop month and year. E.g. July 2013 – May 2018.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Sorry this Job Listing has Expired
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting