Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Job Title: Lead Services Controls Engineer - Service Engineer (Job Number: 1924178)
Location: Onne, Rivers State
A Lead Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer's specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements. They should ensure that the design is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design.
- This role biased towards a Controls Engineering expertise with the expectation of being able to work remotely in the SSA region.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation.
- Prepare and approve factory acceptance test procedures, Operational & Maintenance procedures and inspection/ test reports.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis,
- Fault Tree Analysis, Design Reviews, Design Calculations to establish a full Design Verification
- Package (DVP) to satisfy the verification plan. Ensure DVP has third party or independent review.
- Check and approve layout and detail drawings.
- Review/disposition survey reports.
- Establish repair practices and engineering repair work scopes.
- Adhere to and meet Engineering work schedules.
- Liaise with Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required.
- Provide field support as required.
- Provide engineering support for the service of installed Subsea Production Equipment (SSPE) and provide options for customers on refurbishment/ repair of products.
- Ensure all work is conducted with integrity and in an environmentally and safe manner
- Have a basic knowledge of NDE (PMI, Dye-pen, Ultrasonic)
- Good knowledge of
- Hydraulic systems, symbols, schematics, etc.
- Subsea Control systems units – HPUs, UTAs, SDUs, SCMs, etc.
- Sensors (PTs, TTs) and EFLs (ODI and Siemens)
- Subsea Control systems units – MCS & SEMs,
- Basic knowledge of Well systems, Control Systems and IWOCS well heads, THs, etc.
- Working knowledge of main Standards: ISO 13628, API 17F, API 17D, NACE MR0175/SO 15156, DNV2.7.1/DNV2.7.3, etc.
Min Required Experience: 5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Strong knowledge of Subsea Control Systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Subsea Production Systems.
- Solid background in intervention systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of systems, procedures and other departments within an engineering company.
- Desire to provide world-class service to customers by aligning global teams under the service platform
- Willingness to travel within country up to 10% of working hours.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- BEng Hons Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
- Able to provide problem solving in a calm and methodical manner Interpersonal skills working in a remote worksite with multicultural workforce
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: 10B ,Club Road, Ikoyi, Eti Osa, Lagos, Nigeria
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an international industrial service company and one of the world's largest oil field services companies. As of July 2017 Baker Hughes is 62.5% owned by General Electr...Know More about Baker Hughes Nigeria
Employees said "Its the "BEST" place to work".