Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a honours degree with Master Degree in Library and Information Science or related field from a recognized University. A Doctorate Degree in Library and Information Science or related field will be an added advantage. He/she must be certified by the Librarian’s Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN). In addition, the candidate must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficient.
- The candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in a University system or comparable Institution of higher Learning, five (5) of which must have been at a Management position. Furthermore, he or she must have attained the position of a Deputy Librarian in a University Library Department or equivalent Institution.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- A strong evidence of substantial number of scholarly publications both in quality and quantum in reputation international and national journals is required.
- Candidate must be capable of providing academic and administrative leadership.
- The candidate should not be more than sixty five (65) years by October 1, 2019.
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a University Bursar of Public Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the State Government and the University Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications with twenty (20) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the vision for the position, providing information on the following:
- Full name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Email Address(s)
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of Children
- Permanent Home Address Phone Numbers
- Degrees (including dates/class and institutions) and/or any other qualifications and
- distinctions (Photocopies of Certificates to be attached).
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present posts.
- List of Publications.
- Current Research
- Other Activities outside Current Employment
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Proposed date of availability for Duties, if appointed. Any other relevant information.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelope marked “Post Of University Bursar, UNIMED" and addressed to:
The Acting Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Medical Sciences,
Laje Road, Ondo City,
- The candidate should also state in clear terms of not more than 500 words, his/her vision statement for the University in the next five years with particular reference to administration, control and innovations in Library services.
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three (3) referees, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the Acting Registrar and Secretary to Council via the address above