The CSO will supervise 1 or more employees.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience, management of a team and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a discipline related to the job requirements (e.g. Economics, Business, and Finance).
High level of proficiency in English (reading, writing and speaking)
• Minimum of five years of recent*, significant and/or combined experience in financial management.
• Recent* experience in procurement and contracting from suppliers and service providers;
• Recent* experience in an administrative role establishing and maintaining filing systems, maintaining accurate records, processing financial transactions, interpreting and implementing policy guidance.
• Recent* work experience in managing a team in an operational and/or customer service environment.
* Recent is defined as within the last five (5) years.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of budget management
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Materiel Management
• Basic knowledge of procurement
• Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
• Effective communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and client focus
• Sound judgment
• Superior problem-solving
• Results-focused, with the ability to see long term projects to completion
• Adaptability/Flexibility (flexible and able to adapt to changing work pressures and range of tasks)
• Superior organizational skills
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
• Fluency in French (oral and written)
• Graduate-level degree in a relevant field (e.g. Master’s in Public Administration, Labour Relations, and Finance)
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Computer Science
• Knowledge of Nigerian legal and regulatory practices related to human resources and labour relations
• Experience in contracting, property, and/or physical resource management
• Experience in working with SAP (Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing)
• Experience in working with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software
• Experience working with a diplomatic mission or international organization
• Experience working in a Canadian government office
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work on Nigerian holidays when the Deputy High Commission is open
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Ability to travel and attend offsite meetings
- Annual leave may be restricted during busy periods due to operational requirements.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Eligible to legally reside and legally work in Nigeria
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a Reliability status (security screening)
- Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
Please refer to the link provided for further information and requirements
Only online applications will be reviewed.
English - http://bit.ly/CSO-LAGOS-En
French - http://bit.ly/ASC-LAGOS-fr