The candidate, who should be a seasoned academic, should possess the following minimum academic qualifications and competences:
- Should not be more than 65 years old by March 10, 2020 when the office of Vice-Chancellor will be vacant.
- Be a medical doctor, and a holder of an earned Doctorate (PhD) and/or Medical Fellowship postgraduate Degrees, in addition to a first MBBS degree from a reputable University;
- Have attained the position of a full professor for at least 8 (eight) years from the date of this advertisement and must have held senior administrative responsibilities in a recognized University;
- Be a visionary and strategic leader with the skills and competencies to champion the University's Vision and Strategic Objectives;
- Be an accomplished academic with a proven track record of quality research and publications in top global journals;
- Have a proven track record of attracting research grants and funding support into the University System;
- Have a demonstrated and proven record of substantial experience in international research partnerships, networking, team building, fundraising/ re source, mobilization and collaborative research.
Terms of Appointment
The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for one term of five (5) years. The terms and conditions of appointment are very attractive and shall be determined according to the University Statute and Condition of Service.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) sets of the application, consisting of the Application Letter, copies of academic and professional certificates, copy of birth certificate and Curriculum Vitae, that provide full personal details including:
- Full name,
- Place and date of birth,
- Qualifications, Experience,
- Detailed list of publications,
- Fellowship awards, research grants and other funding support attracted (and their values)
- Names and contact details of three (3) referees and any other relevant details.
All applications should be sent and addressed to:
Secretary to Council,
University of Medical Sciences,
Laje Road, Ondo City,
- The applicants are to include short statements of not more than 1000 words (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for the University.
- All references from referees should be forwarded directly to the same address before the deadline date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted