At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The Compressor Specialist is an individual who is competent in evaluating and solving performance issues on NP Compressors and could perform advanced repair on machine components. He is an individual who has a wide knowledge of one or more application processes and plant operation involving these machines. He / she is capable to act as a technical authority on behalf of the Company on decision-making and problems resolution on these machines.
As a Compressor Specialist, you will represent Baker Hughes both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of Baker Hughes.
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of Steam Turbines, Compressors and related products.
- Providing input for Daily Outage, Resident Engineer or Weekly Service Reports
- Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- To prepare field services jobs and interventions with the Service Managers.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise.
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and TPS Baker Hughes headquarters concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions.
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings.
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within Baker Hughes safety standards
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Health, Safety & Environment HSE guidelines and procedures. The candidate will be responsible to keep reliability of Customers assets and to support on proactive way all Baker Hughes TPS customers.