Cummins is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel engines and related technology around the world.
We at Cummins West Africa are a reliable provider of power generation systems, components and services in standby power, distributed power generation, as well as auxiliary power in mobile applications to meet the needs of a diversified customer base.
We take pride in distribution and installation of, generators, filters and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers
Job Title: Internal Controls Analyst -190004QL
Primary Location: Nigeria-Lagos-Lagos-Island-Nigeria, Lagos, 8 Ijora Causeway
Global Position Profiles Function: Comp Class: Internal Controls Analyst Finance CC01
- Responsible for assisting in reviews of business processes and internal controls for a business segment, region, distributor or plant.
- Assists in execution of annual control plan.
- Reviews and tests financial and operational internal controls to evaluate the effectiveness of the internal control environment.
- Understands business processes to identify risks and opportunities for improvement in safeguarding company assets and business operations.
- Prepares and reviews internal control documentation (i.e. process maps, flowcharts, control matrices) to ensure documentation is current and in accordance with company requirements.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives to enhance accounting and internal control systems.
Min Required Experience: Not Specified
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Qualifications and Competencies
- US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles - Evaluates US accounting standards to record transactions in compliance with requirements and company policies; assesses the accounting requirements and objectives to determine the implications on the business and communicate to stakeholders with varying financial knowledge.
- Business Process and Internal Control Risk Analysis - Evaluates business processes to identify risks and internal control gaps; applies understanding of business processes and relevant risks to develop and implement process improvements; develops risk management plans by applying internal control framework to address identified risks.
- Financial Internal Controls - Leverages internal control framework by assessing internal controls and developing remediation plans to mitigate financial reporting risks and respond to changing business needs.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Nimble learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting required.
- Progress toward Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or equivalent certification preferred.
- Preferably significant relevant experience, including in the field of supervision.
- Type: Public
- Headquarters: Columbus, Indiana
Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, includin...Know More about Cummins Inc