At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Number: 1925812
Baker Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Operations Manager to join our team in Nigeria. This position will be responsible to ensure that top level goals and schedule targets are achieved. The Resource Manageris ultimately responsible for the day to day operation of the base activities. Manages the activities of the Project Support and Execution to ensure Flawless Execution. The operations manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leadership in coordinating and monitoring the project at the operational & management level.
- Internal audits.
- Planning personnel and rental equipment to meet the requirements of the project.
- Ensure BHGE adheres to customer’s HSE system and Observation Card Program.
- Ensure all processes, procedures, and work plans are documented and adhered to.
- Accountable for ensuring BHOS management system is utilized for project execution.
- Accountable for ensuring all QA procedures are followed
- Ensuring all Service Tickets, rental tickets and personnel trackers are accurate and signed off.
- Make sure all physical assets are operating appropriately
- Work with inventory on shipments and approve shipments
- Support the day to day operations through;
- Required tools and equipment
- Repair and maintenance through AMO
- Work with procurement on quotes
- Approval of all PO and PR
- Resource allocation and scheduling
- Responsible for field resource deployment planning and execution to meet customer and business metrics.
- Interface with the customer service managers on issues escalation.
- Develop long range forecast for region resource needs.
- Develop and execute short and long-range resource plans based on resource forecasts and region business commitments including recruitment, skills reviews, and resource development through advance level training.
- Develops an operational year plan for the own department activities.
- Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures.
- Works together with high level people from the business and SPB and EB level.
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Diverse clients in a region.
- Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks.
- Some latitude to deviate from those conditions.
Min Required Experience: 5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Diploma/OND/NCE
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 5 years of experience in Services).
- Minimum of 4 additional years of experience in Resource Management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: 10B ,Club Road, Ikoyi, Eti Osa, Lagos, Nigeria
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an international industrial service company and one of the world's largest oil field services companies. As of July 2017 Baker Hughes is 62.5% owned by General Electr...Know More about Baker Hughes Nigeria
Employees said "Its the "BEST" place to work".