Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant
Job Ref Code: PTT171019
Reports To: Program Manager, Vitamin A supplementation Project.
- CRS has received funding from Micronutrient Initiative (MI), an international not for profit NGO with its headquarter in Ottawa, Canada and a country office in Abuja Nigeria. MI supports and promotes food fortification and micronutrient supplementation program in developing countries including Nigeria. MI program focus in Nigeria include promotion of vitamin A supplementation, salt iodization, iron and folic acid supplementation for pregnant women and use of Zinc and low-osmolarity ORS in the management of childhood diarrhea.
- Since 1997, MI provided more than 75% of the vitamin A required for supplementation programs in developing countries–more than 8 billion capsules and oral doses of vitamin A. MI in collaboration with CCPN have developed a robust VAS SBCC strategy to improve VAS using the MNCH Week as the delivery platform.
- In addition, although recent monitoring reports suggest that health personnel have been trained to provide MNCH-Week in most of the 14 MI priority states, it is difficult to ascertain content of training. Moreover, training is not standardized across states and local government areas and may not be provided in accordance with the MNCHWs guidelines. CRS in collaboration with MI will supported the production and distribution of job-aids for VAS as well as the planning, delivery, monitoring and reporting of VAS during the November 2017 MNCH Weeks in Gombe and Plateau states. In 2018 and 2019, they provided technical support to Gombe and Plateau State to implement the MNCH week.
The Vitamin A Supplement project has three (3) specific objectives. These include:
- Support the state and LGA teams in Bauchi, Delta and Gombe States to effectively plan and implement the two rounds of optimized MNCHW from 2019 to 2022.
- Support the state and LGA teams in Bauchi, Delta and Gombe States to effective implementation of the optimized MNCHW microplans in the 3 states from 2019 to 2022.
- Support the state to provide high quality and effective monitoring and supportive supervision during the two rounds of optimized MNCH week from 2019 to 2022.
- The Program assistant primary responsibility is to support the coordination and knowledge flow of the program’s unit. In addition to that function, the Program Assistant will provide logistical support to meetings and trainings, manage the program’s data bank and will perform other administrative duties in support of grant activities and the Health System Strengthening (HSS) unit as required.
Support the organizing of workshops and trainings:
- Work closely with Program Staff to organize workshops, in terms of logistics, venue arrangement, provision of materials,
- Take responsibility for the transportation of supplies, equipment etc. to and from the workshop/training venue
- Confirming participant travel dates and needs and communicating these in a synthesized and timely manner to Administration.
- Communicating material and cash needs to Finance and/or Administration in a timely manner.
- Tracking submission of participant Learning Needs and Resource Assessments
- Assembling of workshop materials.
Assisting during workshops and trainings:
- Recording workshop proceedings when possible as well as collating and storing workshop outputs
- Following up on daily activities with the venue
- Handling the movement of supplies and equipment to and from workshop venues.
Perform grant-level administrative duties as required:
- Procurement: Coordinate all office procurement for staff.
- Assist with correspondence, letters, and invitations. Act as liaison between programs staff and dispatcher.
Maintain all project files and databases in collaboration with program staff:
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in supporting learning events and research activities.
- Liaise with the IT department on hard and software questions to ensure functionality to meet ongoing and ad hoc needs
State Program Monitoring:
- Serve as the State focal officer for Bauchi Program.
- Support the State Primary Health Care Development Agency to implement high quality activities ensuring project objectives are achieved as planned annually.
- Attend state activities as required.
Key Working Relationships
- HoU, Program Manager, Technical Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, State Primary Health Care Development Agency, Heads of Programming Units, Grants and Compliance Manager and other MQ staff, partner staff.
Min Required Experience: 2 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of HND/ University degree in Administration a plus. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in administrative support
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and computers in general
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work with church-based organizations.
- Demonstrated willingness to work in a team.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills.
- The Assistant will be based in Abuja but will require frequent travel to project states.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 30th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application to: email@example.com
Click here to Download Application Form
Click Here for Job Details (Doc)
- The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- “CRS is an equal - opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.
- Type: Nonprofit
- Headquarters: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. Founded in 1943 by the United States Council of Catholic Bishops, the agency pro...Know More about Catholic Relief Services (crs)
Employees said "Its the "BEST" place to work".