Old Mutual Nigeria consists of a Life Assurance and General Insurance business and provides a wide spectrum of insurance solutions tailored to meet unique individual and corporate clients' circumstances.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reinsurance Administration Specialist
REF: 1347/NIGE/EU/REINSURANCE ADMINISTRATION SPECIALIST/Nigeria/180919
- Individually accountable to performing routine reinsurance administrative duties while ensuring reinsurance information are recorded accurately. A Reinsurance Administrator specialist is fully multi-skilled across products & processes, and has extensive relevant experience.
• Follows standardised processes and provides administrative support in line with normal business functioning.
• Delivers on daily operational standards and adheres to service and quality standards.
• Provides an indirect service to customers and intermediaries.
• Responds to immediate requirements within procedure.
• Uses standard administrative techniques to coordinate own work.
• Product and process knowledge in different areas may differ but basic skills remain the same.
• Fully multi-skilled across products and processes.
• Has extensive, relevant experience.
Key Result Areas
o Efficient management of Facultative inward portfolio.
o Monitor the company’s risk portfolios, analyse and recommend risks for facultative outward placements.
o Debiting and processing of payment.
o Prepare and render quarterly treaty returns.
o Prepare and review paid & outstanding loss bordereaux.
o Prepare and interpret various reinsurance statistics.
o Ensure timely delivery of regulatory returns.
o Follows standardized processes and provides administrative support in line with normal business functioning.
o Weekly reporting.
o Uses standard administrative techniques to coordinate own work.
o Prepare meeting reports/ presentations.
o Interface with the other departments.
o Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
o Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of 1 day to a maximum of 3 months.
o Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
o Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
o Accepts and lives the company values.
o Performs quality checks on own work.
o Adheres to service and quality standards
Min Required Experience: Not Specified
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
o A first degree or its equivalent.
o Good Analytical skills.
o Technical/insurance product knowledge and relevant experience would be an added advantage.
o Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite