At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward. For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Job Title: Leader - International Trade Compliance
Job Number: 1929130
Offers the opportunity as an experienced Leader – International Trade Compliance to join the team in Hassi Messaoud, Algeria, not limited to other MENAT & SSA countries such as Nigeria, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Angola, Tunisia, Ivory Coast or Morocco.
This role reports to the MENATI & SSA International Trade Compliance (ITC) Senior Leader and is responsible for supporting the ITC direction the implementing and deploying an industry best practice compliance program across the region. Focus will be placed on process integration of import and export regulations into key business and functional procedures via the corporate ITC Playbook.
- Help the wider ITC group develop and establish direction & corresponding policies & procedures ensuring Trade compliance across the business functions
- Manages analysis of global trade issues such as Country of Origin, Custom Valuation, Export Licensing, and Technology screening
- Sets Trade Compliance requirements for business units & various process owners in adherence with applicable regulatory requirements
- Manages company strategies around audit and training related to area of control
- Drives projects for continuous Compliance improvement/increased efficiency
- Monitor and analyze impact of regulatory changes in regions and advise the business and various stakeholders on how BH will comply with the new regulations
- Lead the implementation of the ITC Playbook in regions
- Conduct training for business and functions in region, in coordination with Product Company ITC leaders, as needed
- Conduct Logistics Providers audits, as required
- Manage compliance audits conducted by external parties such as Customs and other regulatory agencies in region
- Provide M&A support to ITC Integration Leader and Product Company ITC leaders, as needed
- Conduct Trade compliance due diligence and risk assessment of third parties such as customers, vendors and subcontractors
- Coordinate with Logistics in the application of in-country export control licenses for licensable goods when required, in coordination with the classification and licensing (Technical) team
- Coordinate with various stakeholders on duty savings programs such as FTA, Repair and Return, Customer Master List Program, etc