Shell Nigeria is recruiting for fulltime Principal Process Safety Engineer.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Shell is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Process Safety Engineer
Job ID: 124246BR_EN
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
The purpose of this position is to provide Process/ Technical Safety Engineering expertise and support to Shallow Offshore projects, to enable the embedding of Goal zero.
- Lead reviews to help establish fit for purpose and cost-effective approach to technical safety engineering.
- Act as the Technical Safety Technical Authority (TA2) for Shallow Offshore project team with accountabilities as defined in the AIPSM and DCAF.
- Provide specialist services and support for Process Technical Safety (HEMP studies) studies.
- Provide support, challenge and expert advice, relating to Design Integrity, Technical Integrity and Operating Integrity during the Design and Execute phases of the projects.
- Drive the implementation of the Technical Safety Engineering discipline standards.
The incumbent will provide hands-on Technical Safety Engineering services and support under the Engineering Lead and the accountabilities include:
- Executing HEMP studies to support Shallow Offshore Project team.
- Providing specialist services and support to the project team on requirements on HSSE Cases and the associated HEMP studies (HAZID, HAZOP, Bow-Tie, FIREPRAN, etc) supporting these HSSE Cases.
- Screen and/or Review E-MoC to support timely Technical Safety input to assure proper Risk Management in the Management of Change Process.
- Hazardous Area Classification (HAC) Review: Support HAC, ensuring timely Process/ Technical Safety input.
- Participating in audits, health checks, technical reviews, incident investigations and peer assists as the technical authority in the subject area.
- Provide input into detailed design of new facilities or modifications to facilities undertaken by the Shallow Offshore project team with special emphasis on safety and optimization of facility up-time/availability.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of HSSE & SP Control Framework and the Discipline Control and Assurance Framework (DCAF) for the effective delivery of projects within the Shallow Offshore project team.
- Provide Technical Authority (TA2) support for the Shallow Offshore Project Team.
- Promoting effective communication of Technical Safety best practices in Shallow Offshore projects.
- Lead HSE Risks Management:
- HAZID organisation/facilitations/contribution
- Hazard analysis using Bow Tie.
- Risk Assessment contribution/facilitation/training
- HSE Cases / ALARP demonstration process.
- Management of Change.
- Major Hazards Management.
- Physical Effect Modelling (using FRED software)
- Support Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) review.
Min Required Experience: 10 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Broad knowledge of oil and gas business and its process safety aspects. Technical Engineering or Advanced Science degree with 10+ years relevant experience. Broad experience with EP and experience with Safety risk aspects of EP. A degree in safety risk engineering would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of the business risks
- Assessed TSE TA2 (or TSE TA2 ready at the minimum)
- Good knowledge of the relevant Group and EP standards.
- Knowledge in use of Design safety tools such as HSE Cases, Bowties, HAZID, FIREPRAN, HAZOP, Layout reviews, Fire & Explosion modelling, QRA, SIL, dispersion modelling, etc.
- Good understanding of business aspects of HSE in the short and long term.
- Strong focus on Enterprise First, ensuring close connection and alignment with other Shell Businesses
- Passion, drive and commitment for HSE performance excellence.
- Team player.
- Good analytical skills and keen sense of reality.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Shell Nigeria
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: Plot 461, Constitution Avenue Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria
Shell is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies...Know More about Shell Nigeria
Employees said "Its the "BEST" place to work".
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
4 Positions - Not Specified