Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Job Title: Counselor-educator
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: OND BA/BSc/HND
Experience: 1 year
Job Field: Consultancy NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Pulka, Borno
Reports to: Mental Health Activities Manager
Reports to (functional): Mental Health Activities Manager
Contract Duration: 6 Month
Starting Date: 2nd January, 2020
- Perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their pychosocial condition.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counseling with supervisor
Min Required Experience: 1 year(s)
Min Qualification: Diploma/OND/NCE
Desired Courses: Not Specified
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Education: Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or other similar Degree/Diploma
- Experience: 1 year experience essential. Experience with NGO desirable
- Languages: English and Hausa
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy ( word, excel and internet)
- Competencies: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service, computer skills
Salary: NGN231,894 (Basic salary) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
In person to MSF SPAIN Office at Pulka, Borno State.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
- In the subject of the mail please put the position and the reference for while you are applying.
- Applications should be accompanied by copy of the NYSC certificate
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials. MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.