African Industries Group is recruiting for fulltime HSE Manager.
African Industries Group is a diversified West African Conglomerate that employs over 4,000 people from over 10 countries. The Group has operations in eight locations in Nigeria, distributes products in several West African countries and is increasing investment in neighboring countries. Its origins lie in trading soft and hard commodities imported from Europe and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Manager
Location: Ogijo, Ikorodu, Lagos
- To bring company related health and safety matters to the attention of the management at regular intervals.
- Ensure adequate means of distributing and communicating health, safety and welfare information obtained for the H.S.E., Safety organisations and Trade associations regarding new techniques of accident prevention, new legislation requirements and codes of practice etc.
- Ensure that an adequate programme of training for health and safety is established and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst employees.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the Head of department responsible for Health and Safety any relevant new legislation.
- Ensure that all “assessments” as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
- To recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company’s operations.
- To carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
- To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.
- Ensure that the workplace is monitored and is fully in compliance with all applicable OSHA standards, rules and regulations in order to maintain safety in manufacturing facilities.
- Use labels, signs, posters, floor marking, and color coding to warn employees about potential hazards.
- Ensure that Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained, and communicated to employees.
- In addition, the safety manager is usually the person responsible for ensuring the company is in compliance with OSHA employer requirements. These types of requirements include:
- Fatal accidents that result in the hospitalization of three or more employees, must be reported to the nearest OSHA office within eight hours.
If the company is not exempt, or partially exempt from the OSHA record keeping requirements, the safety manager ensures that records of work-related injuries and illnesses are maintained. To be partially exempt an employer must meet one of the following requirements:
- Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
- Ensure that all accident reports are recorded in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Note Safety Violations with Clear Tags
Min Required Experience: 6 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Bachelor Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- 6 years' and above experience in Health, Safety and Environment within the steel industry.
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation Tool, HSE Auditing Techniques
- OSHA 14001 and ISO 45001
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using “HSE Manager” as the subject of the email.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
1 Position - Not Specified
1 Position - Not Specified