- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and is the head of the University’s Library.
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practising Librarian.
- Possess a good honours Degree and a PhD in Library and Information Science or any other related discipline from a recognized University, with at least Twelve (12) years of cognate experience preferably in a University Library. At least, ten (10) years of this experience must have been at top management / leadership position in a recognized University, including having served as Deputy University Librarian or Reader Librarian for at least five (5) years.
- Have published in professionally refereed journals to merit professorial status. At least, he / she should show evidence of considerable Scholarship.
- Persons who have served as University Librarian in a Public University need not apply.
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications and particularly, a thorough understanding of the applications of technologies to library operations and services.
Salary and Condition of Service
- The salary and condition of service of the University Librarian shall be as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit Fifteen (15) copies of his / her Applications, CV and photocopies of Credentials. The CV should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail and Telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees
Application should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope with position applied for boldly marked at the top left hand, addressed to:
Alex Ekwueme Federal University,
P.M.B. 1010, Abakaliki,
Note: Applicant are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover to the Registrar.