Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 2020 - International Graduate Programme - Global Banking
Ref Id: IGGBNG20
- Global Banking supports clients financial needs across more than 60 markets, providing solutions to over 5,3000 clients in some of the world’s fastest-growing economies and most active trade corridors. Our clients include large corporations, governments, banks and investors headquartered, operating or investing in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our strong and deep local presence across these markets enables us to facilitate trade, capital and investment flows in and for our footprint, including across China’s Belt and Road initiative.
- Our Global Banking team provides client coverage through global Industries group, financial & strategic investors group, banks and broker dealers, global subsidiaries, investors and insurance, commercial real estate focused Relationship Managers.
- We collaborate increasingly with other segments: introducing Commercial Banking services to our clients’ ecosystems - their networks of buyers, suppliers, customers and service providers - and offering our clients employee banking services through Retail Banking.
The programme provides a comprehensive grounding in corporate and commercial banking, and will see you working directly with a diverse range of business and corporate customers alongside our Corporate/Financial Institutions Bankers. You can explore how your skills can adapt to different areas of our business while developing new skills to help kick-start your career in the Global Banking. Here are some projects you could be involved in:
- Generate creative ideas on customer acquisition and products/ services
- Work directly with new clients to learn, analyse and identify opportunities to advance their business, developing a deep understanding of our customers’ needs, and expertise in the products we offer
- Map, mine and implement cross sell opportunities to expand existing client relationships
- Partner with Relationship Managers to structure client transactions, acquiring insight into product development, deal execution and digital banking
- Prepare customer credit proposals
- Credit Analysis
- Relationship Management
Your Career Progression:
- At the end of your 18-month programme, you’ll join a role within Global Banking. These could be in areas such as: