Save the Children invests in childhood - every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours. Please give monthly and support our mission. Save the Children is working to strengthen health systems and support maternal and child health in four northern states. Much work needs to be done for Nigeria to deliver its promises on Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5 (which aim to reduce child mortality and improve maternal health) before 2015. Facts About Nigeria More than 173 Million people live there The average girl stays in school only until she's 9 123 out of 1000 children die before their 5th birthday A parent earns an average of just $4 a day Our Work Save the Children has been working in Nigeria since 2001. We're helping to improve health systems in northern Nigeria to delivery maternal, newborn, and child health services, including the revival of routine immunization.
Job Title: Accountability Officer
Job Type: Contract
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3 - The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To be responsible for working with programme staffs and beneficiaries to develop structure and methods for managing the complaints and feedback in the field as well as maintaining the integrity of information received
- This role will also involve management of CRM database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of CRM data including complaints received, investigated and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of complaints issues to feedback to the program team during monthly and quarterly meetings/reports.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Accountability Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: TBD
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: CRM Development, Support, Logistics and Coordination:
- Set up a Beneficiary Complaint and Response Mechanism for humanitarian projects
- Develop appropriate tools for capturing the complaints and feedback
- Train the relevant staff/beneficiaries on data management process of CRM system
- Ensure a proper filing system for all the complaints and feedback received through the helplines
- Aggregate CRM data from the field to a summary CRM database
- Provide detailed summaries of complaints issues for operational meetings and forums.
- Identify complaint and other feedback trends which indicate where the Programs can improve.
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested concerning complaints and other Beneficiary feedback.
- Receive, investigate and respond to beneficiary complaints under the direction and supervision of Program/field Managers
- Follow up on complaints and feedback internal referrals with appropriate offices and sectors and respond to raised pending issues
- Negotiate suitable resolutions to complaints with the beneficiaries under the direction of the Program/Field Manager
- Develop monthly CRM report.
Objective 2: Routine Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support on-going monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans and frameworks
- Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Other duties as directed.