Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Accountability Officer, under supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, is responsible for establishing a sustainable Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) in all clinics (Maiduguri and Damboa) in a way that ensures beneficiaries actively participate and/or make confidential complaints about its comprehensive PHC delivery processes.
- All technical trainings and supports must be based National guidelines if available, MDM guidelines and Core Humanitarian Standard guidelines.
- Conduct context-oriented needs assessment in consultation girls, boys, women, and men beneficiaries to developing Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) guidelines and systems for MDM Nigeria mission.
- Establish a sustainable Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) in each targeted clinic that ensures all segments of target beneficiaries can make confidential complaints with their full confidence about MDM interventions.
- Develop appropriate tools for capturing complaints and feedback and train the relevant staff/beneficiaries on related data management process.
- Conduct ongoing capacity needs assessment of MDM staff, partners staff and target communities with special emphasis on humanitarian accountability standards.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are aware of the key elements of MDM’s accountability policy, procedures, and expectations and standards required of MDM staff and partner staff.
- Ensure proper filing systems for all complaints and feedback received with segregated data from the field and on time data entry to MDM complaint response mechanism database.
- Lead collaborated efforts pertaining to on time investigation complaints and response through the established CRM, including monthly CFM report.
- In consultation with the monitoring and evaluation officer and/or program coordinator, provide detailed summaries of complaint response mechanism trends, best practices, lessons learned, areas of improvement and pressing issues on monthly basis; as well on ad-hoc basis when needed as an input for operational meetings and forums.
Hierarchical & Functional links:
- S/He works under the supervision of the M & E Officer; as well has functional link with the Health Services Quality Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Emergency Response Coordinator and Program Coordinator as needed.