The International Committee of the Red Cross is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Job Title: Accountant 1
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Accountant 1 prepares, reconcile and analyses all accounting records of the sub-delegation and coordinate all finance and administrative duties.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Prepares and controls invoices before payment.
- Ensures all payment requests contains supporting documents and appropriate signatures before making payments.
- Prepares accounting entries for bank and cash payments in the IRIS accounting software on a regular basis.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions in accordance with financial procedures.
- Helps ensure that operations run smoothly through efficient cash-flow management, covering the fund needs of the POH Sub-delegation.
- Guarantees proper filing of relevant supporting documents for future reference, including audits.
- Performs regular integrity checks of accounting entries and account balances.
- Participates in monthly closing activities and prepares accounting documents for monthly closing.
- Consolidates Monthly Financial Forecast of the different units of the POH SD and submits to Abuja with the monthly closing report.
- Provides support to other departments and resonds to semi-routine and non-standard inquiries when necessary.
- Identifies anomalies or other issues and proposes solutions to his/her supervisor.
- Performs daily cash count with the cashier by the end of day closing