Alan & Grant - Our client is a leading capital market conglomerate offering Wealth Management Services, Stockbroking Services, Registrars Services, Corporate Financing and Trustee services.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Zip/Postal Code: 234
Industry: Financial Services
- Provide full financial and management accounting services to the Management, especially, MD/CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide management decision-making, particularly in the areas of assets and liability management (ALM).
- Establish comprehensive operational guidelines & workflows covering all business transactions and processes.
- Maintain contacts and liaise with bankers, auditors, regulatory authorities (SEC, NSE, PFAs, and e.t.c), tax authorities (Federal & State) to ensure compliance and long term financial security and stability.
- Participate in meetings of departmental heads as necessary and work closely with all departmental heads/management team, advising them on likely financial consequences of all proposed courses of actions.
- Be prepared to act as a member of project management team as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial records and data input.
- Ensure production of accurate monthly and quarterly performance reports and management accounts.
- Ensure financial and other reporting systems are maintained in accordance with company’s accounting policies and relevant standards required by regulatory bodies, management and external auditors.
- Prepare weekly and monthly banks’ reconciliation reports.
- Ensure error-free trades posting into software(s) and timely settlement.
- Manage and monitor daily cash position to ensure effective liquidity management as well as minimize company’s exposures/liability
- Production and submission of quarterly reports and any other reports as may be requested to SEC in specified format.
- Ensure effective coordination of offers processes and returns rending to issuing houses.