Skyshore Group Limited (SGL) is a conglomerate of companies actively rendering various services in the Oil and Gas sector of the global economy; especially in West Africa rendering services to support Hydrocarbon Drilling, Completion and production at various levels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Preparation and analysis revenue, expense, invoices and other accounting documents
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by collaborating with auditors for record purpose.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Perform a number of account reconciliation function including monthly bank creditor and debtor reconciliation, income audit and payroll implementation and audit.