Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for an Accounting Specialist for an upcoming, five-year USAID-funded health workforce management project in Nigeria. The position is full-time and based in Abuja. Travel to Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory may be required.
· Provide support to the Director of Finance and Administration and the Finance Manager on accounting/finance related items across the project.
· Provide support in designing a USAID compliant Financial Management and Reporting system and ensure project staff use and follow the system.
· Ensure that documentation follow standard accounting procedures.
· Support the preparation and submission of monthly invoices and other financial reports as required and provide required documentation for USAID-required audits.
· Work with other members of the finance team to produce financial and budget reports, monitor project budgets, maintaining accurate financial records on project activities, and monitoring transactions to ensure compliance with USAID regulations.