Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
Job Title: Accounts/Admin Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The Accounts/Admin Assistant at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited, would be expected to perform accounts and administrative functions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Bank reconciliations at intervals and as at when needed.
- Proper documentation of supporting documents.
- Obtain price quotations, negotiate with vendors and present a cost benefit analysis with recommendations to further inform decision making on procurement processes
- Responsible for overseeing the procurement process.
- Monitor the contracting process and assist in the preparation of contracts.
- Petty cash Management (log reconciliation, fund disbursement and reimbursement)
- Management of Emergency Card funds (log reconciliation, fund disbursement and reimbursement)
- Reconciliation of expenses for trip advancements
- Compilation and monitoring of staff Time sheets
- Manage collection of fines for late coming
- Assist with any other duties as assigned by the accountant and management.
- Responsible for ensuring proper procurement process are followed.
- Ensuring that FX memo are signed and filed after every FX sales transaction.
- Responsible for remittance of monthly pension deductions and PAYE and filing of monthly returns with tax authorities.
Personal Assistance to Managing Partner:
- Take minutes and notes when necessary
- Schedule Managing Partners events, speaking and engagements
- Draft mails and letters on behalf of Managing Partner when required
- Organize, manage events when scheduled.
- Office and car key management
- Screen vendors and update Sahel vendors list
- Coordinate and manage the office library
- Preparation of the End-Of-The-Year-Party checklist and ensuring they are properly completed and adhered to.
- Coordination of office repairs and assisting in maintaining the day-to-day running of operations
- Oversee the planning of any social event held by Sahel Consulting—Retreats, End-of-Year party, Procurement and distribution of gifts to staff and external parties and any other event.
- Other duties as might be assigned by the Management.