Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014. At MUTUAL, we pride ourselves in delivering excellent services to all our stakeholders.
We are recruiting young graduates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts / Administrative Officer
Job Type: Full-time
- We currently seek an Accounts and Administrative officer who will assist the team in keeping and analyzing financial records, supervision and management of office activities and outputs.
- Accounting Responsibilities - the role will include book keeping and preparation of monthly financial statements and also ensure that the audited accounts are prepared with supporting documentation. This will require liaising with the auditor. The Account/Administrative Officer shall be responsible for all aspects of petty cash flows for effective business operations.
- Administrative Responsibilities - This role include filing of documents, preparation of vouchers for transactions, ensuring that the office environment is suitable for working, answering of phones, settlement of utility bills and other payments relevant for the office to function effectively. He/she shall manage the general administration functions of the company.
- Responsible for office petty cash and prepare cash reconciliation on daily basis.
- Ensure cash flows are adequate to allow effective business operations.
- Forecast cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Assist in preparing and presenting financial reports for meeting and arranging financial audits and reviews as required.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Work with Finance/Account Manager to prepare budgets and track profit/loss performance by business unit.
- Create solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial/treasury knowledge.
- Identify special payments such as advance payments, refundable deposits, recoverable expenditure, payments on behalf of other agencies etc.
- Prepare internal payment documents such as pay sheets for locally recruited staff, transport claims, subsistence allowances claims etc.
- Prepare receipt forms of the collections/retirements made for authorization signature.
- Update manual cash receipt book of all the collections made and ensure that all parties taking over the collections acknowledged receipt in the book.
- Ensure that repairs are carried out in the office
- Handle logistics for team meetings, ensuring flip charts are set–up, slide projectors are working and presentations from each of the team members are on the lap top to be used.
- Ensure adequate supply of stationery and equipment for effective running of the office.
- Handling purchase of tickets for trips by the management team and staff.
- Cash advances for each trip will be provided and retired on completion of the trip
- Handle payroll and ensure taxes and all appropriate payments are made to the authorities.
- Ensuring that the office phone is switched on during office hours and that calls are answered and responded to in a professional manner.