Human Capital Partners (HCP) is a professional services firm specialising in the provision of professional services covering the entire spectrum of the Human Resources function. HCP is the successor firm of the erstwhile Executive Selection and Training Services group of KPMG in Nigeria. The Group existed as the Executive Selection unit within Arthur Andersen Nigeria and in 2002, became KPMG Nigeria’s Executive Selection & Training Services Group. The practice was established as an independent entity in July 2011. Human Capital Partners is a member of the International People Services Network, a network of independent but collaborating ex-KPMG firms operating globally and is registered with the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, The Nigerian Institute of Training and Development, and the Centre for Management Development (CMD) Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Title: Accounts Officer
- Our client, a leading furniture manufacturer in Nigeria is looking to hire an experienced Accounts Officer. The role holder will be responsible for building effective working relationships across manufacturing, commercial and finance functions.
- The role is critical in delivering the Company's business and financial objectives.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing and commercial team to provide in-depth finance decision support, connecting the commercial and supply drivers to the finance impact.
- Preparation of Annual Operating Plan, budgeting process as well as monthly forecasting.
- Manage Revenue and operating model and aligned spend, specifically evaluating and analyzing trade spend optimization and total products profitability.
- Maintain accurate and timely costing across all aspects of the production process and ensure that these consistently reflect the true picture.
- Ensure cost data is allocated correctly and take corrective action to resolve issues.
- Ensure that the Bill of Materials reflect correct usage levels and support investigations of any major variances, plus ensure that these get resolved.
- Partner with the commercial teams to better measure and analyze both effectiveness and efficiency of trade spend investment across brands
- Manage monthly performance reporting and analysis of CompanyТs performance against targets
- Manage risks and opportunities and provide performance insights.
- Identify performance enhancement options and work with the leadership team to execute
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for operational management
- Responsibility for all journals and final GL balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of CompanyТs accounting records and financial systems