AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeiia currently operates in 7 states including Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Job Title: Adherence Counselor
Reports to: Senior Nursing Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of patients Adherence programs aimed at strengthening treatment literacy at the health facility and community.
- Ensures reinforcement of treatment adherence messages during pre-treatment counseling sessions for PLHIV.
- Ensures the effective implementation of Positive health dignity and prevention (PHDP) concepts-at the community and health facility level.
- Ensures effective and strategic leadership to Health care workers, CBO / FBO partners within the continuum of care.
- Support the development and implementation of strategic HIV referral / linkage protocols at the health facilities.
- Contribute to capacity building for HCWs and staff of CBO partners with respect to treatment adherence and HCT quality assurance.
- Ensure effective data management and supervise the process of appropriate data collection at the facility and community using appropriate data tools.
- Represents AHF in strategic and technical partnerships-at National, State and Local Government levels.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned as needed.