Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
Job Title: Admin and Logistics Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial Logistics
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Admin and logistics Coordinator has the responsibility of ensuring that procurement processes at the country and field office levels are being done in line with Search procurement policies and that the office has available fleet of vehicles to support program activities in the NorthEast region.
- S/he will ensure that the fixed assets at the field office are managed in line with the asset management guidelines and records are properly maintained and verified quarterly. S/he will also ensure that the stores are well managed with records properly maintained.
- The position holder will be line managed by the Head of Office North East and functionally managed by the Procurement, Admin and Logistics Manager.
- The Position holder will have supervisory responsibilities over the Admin and logistics staff in the North East. The position is based in Maiduguri with frequent travel to the field.
Roles and Responsibilities
Administration and Logistics Management:
- Ensure that proper administration and logistics systems and procedures are followed in every office administration and management.
- Provide oversight and supervision to admin and logistics staff in the North East to ensure smooth functioning of office administration, including office running and maintenance;
- Provide ongoing daily mentoring and guidance to staff in logistics and administration in the North East as they develop and implement their own work programs;
- Supervise the management of all assets and report any incident relating to assets that might require insurance claims. .
- Implement office management manual and guidelines and manages internal communications in the North East.
- Supports staff travel including visas, advances, transport, and accommodations needs
- Work within the budgets drawn up for all projects and activities, manage spending within budgets, and provide justifications for variances to the Country Finance Manager.
- Liaise with regional teams, ensuring regional priorities and logistics policies and procedures are understood and applied effectively.
- Ensure timely and effective compliance with all government approval and other accountability mechanisms, and provide a central point of liaison for the government.
- Attend logistics cluster meetings and other key coordination meetings in Maiduguri on a regular basis.
- Work closely with program team to develop quarterly/annually procurement plans (based on quarterly distribution plans and annual work plan) to ensure timely availability of the products for program activities.
- Update the monthly budget estimation and tracking to the Finance Department.
- Track and evaluate vendor performance and improvements related to pricing, contractual terms, and/or scope of services.
- Ensure prompt and correct filing of procurement-related documents both hard and e-copy.
- Supervise the procurement products including IEC materials, promotional items etc.
- Supervise monthly stock reconciliation
- Regularly update service level and lease agreement trackers.
- Maintain a system for centralized management of all contracts including service contracts and production contracts.
- Review terms of reference to ensure the quality of inputs to be procured
- Work with suppliers/agencies in the selection of the most qualified and cost effective vendors.
- Work closely with the security unit and senior leadership teams to ensure security strategies for Search Nigeria and that response are appropriate and aligned with regional and global priorities.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.