United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Job ID: 30706
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - ADMINISTRATION
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- Under the guidance of the Country Representative, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of, finance, general administration, human resources, procurement, and logistical services support to IFAD ICO and operations consistent with UN rules and regulations.
- He/She supports the ICO in fostering effective collaboration within the teams, at headquarters and with other UN agencies, promoting a client-oriented approach and ensuring optimal performance and efficient delivery of services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficient administrative support
- Budget management
- Support to supply and assets management
- Logistical support
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of activities with IFAD rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to IFAD’s business processes mapping and internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provision of inputs to the plan;
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the IFAD office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination human resources related activities including support on recruitment activities;
- Coordination of admin arrangements;
- Performing Travel Administrator, preparation of POs, travel and other administrative functions.
- Provide routine Administrative & logistical support to the all units/staff on all matters related to general office administration, transport, protocol/visas applications, duty free privileges & custom clearances for office goods and for staff personal effects.
- Management of up-to-date accounting system/records to ensure timely, accurate and reliable monthly financial reporting;
- Monitor expenditure levels under the approved Cost Plan/Quarterly Financial Authorizations and prepare monthly reconciliations with FAO/UNDP charges for all payments/expenditures.
Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Extraction of data from various sources;
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities, on space and other administrative matters
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure that office inventory database is updated on regular basis and that both the financial and physical status of all office Non-Expendable Properties is regularly reported
- Maintenance of records on assets management;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the IFAD office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff on UN rules and regulations and related procedures;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the IFAD office. Accurate presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the IFAD office and promotes the image of UN as an effective contributor to the development of the country.