The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer - WC Cluster
Category of Staff: National Staff
- Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Delegate, the incumbent is responsible for providing high level support to the West Coast Cluster Office on various administrative issues to ensure efficient and effective running of the West Cluster Office on day-to-day operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Control and Risk Management:
- Coordinate outsourced functions such as housekeeping, conferencing, gardening and catering to ensure cost effectiveness and service delivery in accordance with agreements
- keeping track of Lease agreements for the houses, taking note of which leases have expired, need to be renewed, sorting out any issues raised and keeping the records up to date.
- Ensure that all in-coming international staff are well facilitated, and that they return all equipment, assets and any other property in their possession before they are signed off.
- Draft and keep up-to-date procedures and guidelines on housing, telephone, travel and other administrative processes as necessary and promote adherence to them.
- Safeguard contracts signed by the office and service providers.
- Safeguard fixed assets and maintain a robust and updated asset management register.
- Coordinate and manage mobile phone bills and telephone lines.
- Maintain an updated inventory of office stationery.
- Ensure all utilities are settled in time and there are no service disruptions.
- Work with security delegate to enhance security in the premises.
- Work with the security delegate to ensure proper custody of office keys and necessary duplications are being made.
- Maintain accurate registration of assets and property of the Regional office
- Prepare monthly reports in relation to telephones, and housing and hand it to the Finance and Administration Delegate
- Prepare monthly reports in relation to facilities, telephones and housing.
- Follow up on payments to avoid service disruption
- Oversee management of telephone lines including direct lines and mobile phones, monitoring, monthly costs and liaising with Senior IT/Telecom Officer and Finance in obtaining reports.
- Ensure that all in-coming international staff are well facilitated to settle in Nairobi and that they return all equipment, assets and any other property in their possession before they are signed off.
- Processing and monitoring of all the payments originating from the department.
- Support for programmes in sourcing and managing workshops, travel, visa and accommodation issues in collaboration with the protocol officer.
- Work with Finance and all departments to maintain strong Archiving system.
- Provide efficient and timely administrative support to the in office management
- Oversee the maintenance of office inventory on a regular basis, conduct and finalize overall inventory update
- Support Finance and Administration Delegate in reviewing and preparing admin procedures
- Undertake specific projects and activities including responsibility for their planning, delivery and results, as delegated
- Coordinate outsourced functions such as housekeeping, gardening and catering, ticketing to ensure cost effectiveness and service delivery in accordance to signed agreements.
- Ensure all required fittings in delegates houses are facilitated procedural, timely and value for money considered at all levels.
- Manage Abuja Cluster office supplies. promote efficient usage and eliminate waste
- Ensure that cleanliness is maintained in the office and its environs as well as the organization vehicles.
- Ensure that proper waste disposal is practiced always.