The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant 1
- The Logistician Assistant contributes to all administrative activates necessary to support the execution of logistic support to all ICRC activities.
- Under the supervision of the LCM, He/She will act as the main focal point for the creation and follow-up of HR, administrative files, in line with ICRC logistics procedures.
- While performing his/her main duties, the Logistician assistant will contribute to the update of files and communication with in the delegation in Abuja as well as other Logistics Units at Sub-delegations offices etc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Participation in internal files planning (HR, administrative and organizational files for the department, etc.)
- Support the communication flow together with the LCM/D-LCM.
- Back up the LCM/D-LCM in his/her ensuring a smooth communication and the timely action in regards to reception of feedback, materials and reports.
- Assist the LCM/D-LCM with minute of meeting, order management.
- Back up the LCM/D-LCM in his/her coordination with the departments.
- Updates and retrieves data in/from specialized tools and databases.
- Creates and maintains paper or electronic files up-to-date.
- Follow-up on specific processes.
- Applies information-management instructions and ensures compliance with procedures.
- May be called upon to manage petty cash of up to the equivalent of CHF 3'000 per month as per ICRC accounting/safety procedures.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers