At Chemonics, we believe our mission of helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives is driven by our commitment to service-service to our mission, to our beneficiaries, to our clients, and to our staff. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners, and beneficiaries face difficult challenges, from political instability to limited healthcare to a lack of market infrastructure. We have helped them overcome those challenges by working together to find and implement innovative projects that achieve development impact. We are entirely employee-owned, giving us both the freedom and the responsibility to pursue our mission with single-minded focus. Holding ourselves to the highest quality standards, we are also committed to living our values of caring, excellence, innovation, integrity, and opportunity to implement efficient and effective programs that build a better future for those we serve.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Description / Overview
- We seek an Administrative Assistant for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States.
- The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Operations / Administrative:
- Assists with the organization of meetings and events on and off site as directed which may include the setting up of rooms, arranging catering and refreshments, ensuring the necessary equipment is in place and functioning, taking minutes where necessary, and the preparation of papers for distribution.
- Manage procurement of goods and services; administer maintenance agreements as directed.
- Accurately track and record project equipment, ensuring proper maintenance and security.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for project staff and visitors as requested.
- Ensure operation of office equipment including reviewing maintenance requirements, arranging for necessary repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment.
- Maintain stock records for stationery and supplies for the office, working with suppliers and verifying receipt of supplies and requisitioning in line with office procedures.
- Ensures all required records are kept up to date and in line with SHARP TO 03 requirements.
- Receive visitors to the office with high standard of courtesy and hospitality and direct them appropriately.
- File and retrieve Project documents, records, and reports.
- Collects and sorts incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Draft employment agreements, biodatas and support the onboarding of project staff.
- Confirm all new hire paperwork is submitted and personnel files are complete and compliant with Chemonics policy, local labor laws, and USAID regulations.
- Ensure new hires are provided with adequate training regarding the project and relevant Chemonics policies in order to perform the job to the best of their ability and are assimilated into Chemonics culture.
- Ensure personnel and recruitment files are maintained according to the requirement, ensure confidentiality and safety of the data.
- Assist in scanning and labeling all payment vouchers including coding sheet and backup documentations and General Journal entries including coding sheet and backup documentations.
- Assist in delivering WHT/PAYE cheques to the bank and collection of bank statements.
- Assist in printing payment evidence to be attached to all payments before filing
- Assist in sorting and collating payroll coding sheets including timesheets/pay-slips
- Assist in filing hard copies of ABACUS coding sheets including backup documentations.
- Assist in grants selection and administration, maintains grants files
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
- Perform additional tasks as required by the Finance Manager, Grants Manager, Finance and Operations Director and project leadership.