FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve - improving lives for millions.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Requisition Id: 2019201231
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Job Type: Full time
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support for assigned staff members
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate necessary arrangements for visitors, including travel logistics, meetings with staff and other organizations. For final versions, type, format, edit correspondence, papers, reports, proposals, sub-agreements, purchase requisitions, and other written work generated by assigned staff members.
- Assist in the coordination of departmental/zonal budget and procurements; generate reports to assist in financial management reporting.
- Compose general correspondence, schedules and memoranda as needed. Assist with production of non-routine publications, e.g. specific brochures.
- Assist with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Use initiative to improve work flow and improve systems for clerical functions.
- Prepare minutes for meetings and follow up with staff members for action items.
- Develop and manage a database and record keeping system for assigned areas.
- Organize and set-up internal meetings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.