Palladium Group is a privately owned real estate company. Its core businesses are Portfolio and Development investments. The Group invests for its own account and in partnership with private and institutional investors. Its knowledge and expertise allow for a combination of efficiency and quality of life aspects through a global approach to residential and commercial projects. Palladium Group covers all facets of real estate, from urban and architectural design to ownership, development, asset and property management, as well as maintenance of single assets and portfolios. The Company started as a general contractor over a hundred years ago. In the twenties, the Company evolved by beginning to construct several buildings in Paris together with associated property management business activities to enhance and create additional synergies and value for the construction company. Through the years, the Group expanded its activities throughout Western Europe, particularly in Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands, as well as the United States and most recently into Saudi Arabia.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant-Borno
Project Overview and Role:
- The UK Department of International Development (DFID) appointed Palladium as the Supplier to deliver the UK Support for Health in Nigeria - Lafiya contract. Lafiya will be delivered at federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities tailored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach. The programme will run for an initial term of up to 7 years from February 2020 to finish by January 2027 (subject to availability of funding and other approvals by the Client). The objective of the Lafiya contract is to improve health outcomes for the poorest and most vulnerable in Nigeria through the following interlinked outcomes (1) increased resources invested in health, and prioritisation of health by Government of Nigeria (through civil society advocacy on human capital, community accountability for health; and use of data to inform government prioritisation of health); (2) improving effectiveness and efficiency of public and private basic health services (through health system strengthening, and working with the private sector to improve delivery of affordable health services for the poorest populations); and (3) reducing total fertility rate (through addressing social norms, demographic impact analysis, and support to family planning demand creation and delivery of services). These outcomes will be achieved through a “joined-up, One-Team” delivery of the following outputs:
- Output 1 “Advocacy & Accountability”: Increased demand for affordable basic health services through community accountability, and increased prioritisation of human capital (health, education, nutrition, WASH) through civil society advocacy
- Output 2 “Data for delivery / health prioritisation”: Improved awareness and prioritisation by senior leadership in Government of Nigeria, using data in line with a “delivery-type” approach
- Output 3 “Technical Assistance to maximise Government of Nigeria resources and efficiency”: Improved efficiency of existing resources for delivery of health services
- Output 4 “Private sector”: Improved effectiveness of private sector in delivering affordable basic health services
- Output 5 “Demographics and Family Planning”: Supporting family planning services through demand creation and addressing social norms/behaviour change including analysis and communication of the wider impact of demographics.
- Lafiya will be delivered at federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities tailored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the State Finance and Administration Coordinator (FACO), the Administrative Assistant will assist in the office administration managing logistics and financial management of the Lafiya programme at the State level. The Administrative Assistant will support the administrative and facility functions of Lafiya for timely and effective implementation of project’s work. S/he will support the coordination of Lafiya transport and logistics services for all project activities at the state level. S/he will be responsible for booking accommodation for all staff and consultants visiting their state for project activities.
The Administrative Assistant shall be responsible for
- Follow Lafiya administrative guidelines and support smooth operations at the state office in liaison with the Lafiya Programme head office.
- Support the review of existing administrative systems and procedures.
- Supervise and provide guidance/ support to ancillary office staff such as drivers, cleaners and security guards. Where the function is outsourced, provide operational support to the FACO to ensure agreed deliverables are satisfactorily met.
- Support in preparing monthly progress report which seeks to point out closed, outstanding and new issues for all field offices.
- Proactively identify and communicate exceptional issues to supervisor for technical assistance and further directives.
- Contribute to promoting a respectful workplace culture within the state team.
- Supervise the office administration and logistics in the absence of the FACO.
- Act as the Safety & Security Focal Person (SSFP) for the state office. Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received/accompanied at/to the airport, have safe and adequate transportation and accommodation during their stay.
- Under the guidance of the FACO, lead on the provision of required administrative support for all Lafiya events and programme implementation activities in the state.
- Ensure office equipment and facilities are in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure optimum inventory quantities, by coordinating regular inventory checks, avoiding stockouts and timely ordering of supplies.
- Support the FACO to carry out Quarterly assets’ verification and monthly reporting of assets condition.
- Assist in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register in line with Lafiya Programme Operations Manual.
- Support the FACO with monthly Vehicle and Generator Utilisation reporting.
- Alongside the FACO, maintain an up-to-date register of preferred vendors and conduct periodic performance evaluation of same.
- Contribute to ensuring full compliance with established logistics guidance and processes for delivery of items to facilities as the case may be.
- Assist in the state team’s procurement processes in line with the Lafiya Programme Operations Manual.
- Assist in vendor contract management processes, including but not limited to monitoring deliverables, custody of related documentation, timely renewals etc.
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners and heaters.
- Recharges for prior approved personal and other unofficial usage of Programme assets based on established rates.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SUPPORT
- Assist the FACO in preparation of monthly forecasts and expenditure variance reporting.
- Provide initial review of all invoices/payment requests and initiate timely action in line with Project procedures/processes towards processing such payments.
- Preparation of weekly Field Vouchers for review and final submission by the FACO.
- Manage the State Team’s Petty Cash ensuring cash is safely stored, discrepancies corrected and reconciled at all times, make bank deposits.
- Support the FACO in administering project activity/staff travel advances.
- Provide effective cover in the event of the absence of the FACO from duty.
The role will report directly to the FACO on all matters; related reporting requirements include:
- Support the FACO in the preparation of monthly Ops/KPI management reports of the following:
- Supply Chain Efficiency
- Purchasing Efficiency
- Procurement Efficiency and documentation
- Assets Management and Verification
- Fraud detection and reporting
- Weekly Finance Field Vouchers.
- Monthly Assets Condition Report
- Monthly Vehicle and Generator Analysis Report
- The role liaises with the FACO, State Technical Teams, the broader Lafiya Administration team, vendors, service providers, and other project staff and stakeholders as required.