The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (USAID Nigeria TB LON)
Administrative Supervisor: State Lead
Technical Supervisor: Head of Finance and Operations
- To support the Institute’s drive to detect and treat tuberculosis in the country, IHVN is looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks for the implementation of USAID Nigeria TB LON grant; which include providing support to program implementation team and other employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing the institute’s general administrative activities.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Finance and Operations, S/he will provide administrative and logistical support services to the program implementation team and operations of the general office management of USAID Nigeria TB LON Grant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the implementation of USAID Nigeria TB LON
- Assist with effective management of day to day operations of the office
- Support coordinating internal and external meetings, trainings, venues, logistics, provision of materials and refreshments particularly during multiple meetings.
- Work with team for logistical support to staff/visitors including liaising with program management unit on team itineraries, appointments according to schedules developed by department members
- Assist in documentation and archiving of program documents.
- Arrange travel logistics for staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups
- Coordinate staff meetings, set up conference rooms and meeting room, ordering and setting up audio-visual equipment and agendas, take minutes of meetings and write reports as requested, file records of all meetings.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulate same amongst the staff and meeting attendees
- Assist with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Collate and file quarterly, monthly and weekly reports
- Collate and harmonize quarterly and monthly work plans
- Make travel arrangements as requested by program staff and facilitate retirement of trips by staff
- Tracking of USAID Nigeria TB LON work plans and activities
- Conduct weekly and monthly supervision of office motor vehicles as well as the drivers with daily vehicle check list
- Coordinate, monitor and supervise security staffs
- Perform any other duties as assigned