Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative & Finance Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Position Type: Regular
Duration: 4 months (extendable)
- The Administrative & Finance Assistant’s overall responsibility is to ensure that the day to day running of the office administration is conducted in an efficient and cost effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements where necessary.
- Also acting as focal person on all financial issues related to the Damaturu office, cash and treasury management, and General Ledger.
- Ensure correct use of office equipment, servicing, repairs and ensure controls are maintained
- Organizing supplies needed for the events such as trainings, workshops, seminars, meetings etc. (stationary, refreshments, lunch, etc.)
- Ensure administrative policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide back-up support to the program support staff in general office work
- Maintain petty cash operation and ensure internal controls and petty cash policy are followed adequately.
- Keep record of stationary usage for monthly orders (photocopy paper, flipchart paper, stationary for workshops and for the office)
- Type documents and input data as required
- Photocopy and bind documents as required
- Record all accruals in the GL module of PeopleSoft.
- Ensure all adjustments are recorded in the system on time.
- Petty cash uploads are properly recorded in the system with the correct charging details.
- Month end entries are done timely.
- Perform all treasury management duties in the sub office
- Record all deposits received in the sub office timely.
- Manage the sub office cash to maximize gains and minimize losses
- Participate in the internal control and review of the sub office books and accounts:
- Prepare monthly sub ledgers for balance sheet account and prepare appropriate correction.
- Review Travel Expense Reports (TERs) of staff and other project advances before they are posted in the system.
- Assist Logistics Officer to reconcile the sub office Inventories with the asset account
- Ensure timely preparation of month end and other reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned.