Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative & Human Resources Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position Type: Regular
Duration: 4 months (extendable)
- Under general supervision of the HR Officer and working closely with the Admin Officer, performs a variety of clerical duties related to the HR functions.
- S/he shall ensure that the overall day to day running of the office administration is conducted in an efficient and cost effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements where necessary.
- Assist in the administering recruitment process by receiving and opening applications letters/mails, file in accordance of title of positions for shortlist by HR Officer. Prepare matrix of shortlisted candidates as required.
- Coordinate recruitment of Casual/Daily workers and send report to HR Officer
- Prepare contracts for Casual/Daily workers and send to HR Officer
- Contact candidates for writing test and interview. Assist in administering computers for the writing test.
- Maintain the consultant roster and translators/interpreters roster. Be responsible for filing of consultants files.
- Record and maintain attendance records of all staff to ensure the accuracy of all records
- Compile and assist with the shortlist of the candidates and invite short listed candidates for interviews.
- Liaise with recruiting managers to prepare interview questions and prepare interview summaries after each interview.
- Participate in Interviews as and when necessary.
- Ensure reference checks are carried out before offer letters are issued out.
- Ensure timely submission of recruitment information to the HR Manager or designate
- Performs other HR related duties, as required.
- Ensure correct use of office equipment, servicing, repairs and ensure controls are maintained
- Organizing supplies needed for the events such as trainings, workshops, seminars, meetings etc. (stationary, refreshments, lunch, etc.)
- Ensure administrative policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide back-up support to the program support staff in general office work
- Maintain petty cash operation and ensure internal controls and petty cash policy are followed adequately.
- Keep record of stationary usage for monthly orders (photocopy paper, flipchart paper, stationary for workshops and for the office)
- Type documents and input data as required
- Photocopy and bind documents as required