Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job title: Administrative Officer
Length of Contract: 5-years
Role type: National
Travel involved: No
Child safeguarding level: TBA
Reporting to: Line Manager: State Team Lead
Direct Reports: Office Clerk, Driver
Dotted line manager:N/A
Country and Project Background
Malaria is highly endemic in Nigeria and it remains one of the leading causes of childhood and maternal morbidity and mortality in the country. Nigeria is deeply committed to making progress towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and it recognizes the fact that, without firm efforts to control malaria, achievement of the targets related to child mortality, maternal mortality, and reducing the burden of communicable disease will not be possible. Malaria therefore constitutes a significant development challenge for Nigeria.
Interventions for reducing malaria burden in the country are documented in the national malaria strategic plan with Government taking the lead in its implementation with the support of all the RBM partners. The DFID funded and Malaria Consortium led malaria programme, SuNMaP, provided technical assistance and other support to the Nigeria National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP) covering the period 2008 to 2016.
The anticipated follow on project, SuNMaP2 has been designed to strengthen the management and technical capacity of NMEP, State Malaria Elimination Programme (SMEP) and their stakeholders to drive the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan, 2014 to 2020 and achieve its ambitious targets. This will include short term technical assistance and technical assistance embedded in NMEP in key areas of programme management, evidence generation and use, and capacity building across all project outputs and ultimately reducing Nigeria’s malaria burden and strengthening the Government of Nigeria’s health systems capacity to ensure long term programme and impact sustainability.
- The purpose of this position is to provide Administrative support to the SuNMaP 2program office in the state
- The officer will lead the everyday administration of the office with support from the project staff.
Scope of Work
- The State Administrative Officer will provide general Administrative and logistics support to the Program office and ensure efficient use, functioning and management of the office
- This will include to have an updated data bank of consultants, vendors and stakeholders
- The officer will ensure an effective maintenance system of all office equipment, including generator, photocopiers, computers and its networks, printers and other office assets.
Key Working Relationships
- The AO will support the SuNMaP 2 state program office and will reports to the State Team Lead
- He will work together with the state team and country office staff in planning, budget, scheduling and coordination of project activities
- He will also liaise with relevant country office staff to ensure resources for scheduled activities are available on time and to required standard, this will include quantification of printed materials ensure logistics are put in place.
Office Administration - 70%:
- Lead the day to day administration of the office with support from staff
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the office assets, utilities, office equipment, consumables and supplies
- Responsible for recording and updating of office assets in the asset register
- Providing monthly reports on state activities as it relates to the admin, procurement and logistics to the office manager at the country office
- Lead in setting up a filling system for the office, ensuring ease of storage and retrieval of documents
- Develop and maintain effective maintenance procedure for all IT equipment and computer in the office
- Responsible for overseeing all logistic arrangements including maintaining an updated record of events, travel itineraries of staff and short term consultants (as applicable) to ensure proper delivery and satisfaction of service to the projects;
- Responsible for procurements ofassets to the state offices in line with MC procurement policies as well as vendor management and other service providers contracting (including security and IT)
- Will ensure updated records and valid documentation all of vendors. And other service providers and consultants are registered on NAV
- Responsible for negotiations with hotels, travel and transport services and oversee general logistics for field/state activities
- Liaises with Country Office onadministrativeand logistics difficultiesand other office maintenance issues
- Line manages the officer driver, by providing supervision, coaching and mentoring support in developing vehicle movement plan, implementation and review
- The officer will check the vehicle log sheet and driver’s time sheet and sign off on them monthly.
Programme Activities - 30%:
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholder or technical meetings, workshops, seminars, includingall travel and accommodations arrangements
- Lead the compilation of participants list (i.e. CHWs, health facility staff, team supervisors, ward supervisors, state, and LGA supervisors), during MDA and other project events
- Responsible for contracting shortterm consultants in state office in close communication with the HR manager at the country office and in line with the procurement policy
- Responsible for coordinating theadministration and logistics support for the programme office onall field relatedactivitiesin the state
- In line with the programme budget and working closely with the finance officer, ensure value for money of all procurements for programme activities carried out in the state.