Marcforte Business Consulting Limited is a wholly Nigerian organisation. We operate as an organisational development consultancy providing bespoke interventions aimed at improving staff engagement and performance. As an experienced consultancy, we work across sectors with clients in either product or service industries who require the infusion of world-class standards and best practices into their structures especially as a result of, or in readiness for growth and expansion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative & Public Relations Officer
- To act as the first point of contact for the school and all employees, attending to all enquiries, providing administrative support and assistance with school routines, and organizing student and parent records.
- To manage the reputation of the school, using all forms of media and communication to gain understanding and support for the school, developing strategies and promotional materials, and building positive relationships with employees, parents and the public.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Making the administrative office as welcoming as possible for all enquirers, prospective and existing parents and visitors, and in a professional manner at all times
- Scheduling assessments and interviews for prospective pupils and parents, communicating the same and details of acceptance of offer to intending parents as required
- Ensuring proper registration of new intake into the school, using the welcome package and communicating all school policies parents & pupils and necessary information upon enrolment as required
- Maintaining and updating all student records and databases relevant addresses & emergency contact details half yearly.
- Creating, maintaining and filing with dates all pupil enrolment and continuous assessment records, correspondence with parents, health assessment records, including entry level assessments, and other such records for all pupils
- Keeping records of, and supervising all extra-curricular activity elective enrolments and compilation of tutor/coach attendance for remuneration purposes.
- Monitoring daily record of after-school care including pick up schedules, collating and ensuring invoices and receipts are raised by the accounts department for all late-pick up payments daily.
- Taking orders from parents for supply of school resources Uniforms, sports kits, etc., collating the same and ensuring delivery to parents within the shortest possible time
- Ensuring signing-in & out of all external subject teacher contact hours, collating and submitting the same to accounts for remuneration purposes.
- Liaising with other Heritage House School campuses administrative offices daily or as required, for any information or updates on general events requiring communication to parents
- Creating and disseminating information, including relevant and beneficial educational materials to parents regularly, through school newsletters, and all other approved school media platforms.
- Attending to all enquiries to the school to the best of your ability, employing the school publications (brochures, prospectus & website) as needed.
- Sending out consent forms for parental consent for all external activities involving the children at least two weeks before, and collating responses before the activity.
- Providing administrative support to tutors and teachers as may be required
- Organizing and facilitating special functions and events for the school as needed
- Preparing correspondence, documentation, or presentation materials as may be required for the school.
- Interpreting regulations to parents and dealing with queries and complaints procedures as required
- Involvement in the marketing and development of the school
- Acting in a professional manner at all times. Your polished appearance will aid your ability to attract prospective parents to the school.
Public Relations Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, developing and implementing Public Relation strategies for the school
- Communicating and handling relations with parents, colleagues and the public as required.
- Liaising with, and answering enquiries from prospective parents, individuals, media and other organizations, often via telephone and email
- Writing and publishing appropriate and informative educational articles monthly in the newsletter to parents.
- Liaising with the school website developer to maintain and update information on the School’s website pictures of events, termly and annual calendar and other educational articles that can be of benefit to website visitors
- Implementing and promoting existing school events and organizing new events exhibitions, open days, parent’s forum etc., to advertise the school and what it offers
- Presenting the school to prospective parents, contacting them through direct communication in face-to- face meetings, telephone calls and e-mails to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Constantly employing and harnessing the power of social media sites such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & Whatsapp etc. to engage with targeted users (age-bracket, mothers, people living or commuting within the school axis etc.) and other media platforms to promote the school, and track responses & enrollment from the same.
- Developing a database of Alumni students and parents, their current schools and achievements in order to foster reunions, engender support for the school and promote the school using alumni as ambassadors
- Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
- Managing the Public Relations aspect of a potential crisis situation.
- Possessing drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all enrollment opportunities with the school are captured and explored.