The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agric Service Specialist
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center - Program.
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Duration: Twenty-Two (22) Months
Building Resilience Through Sustainable Agriculture Phase 2 Project
- In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the project funded by European Union and German Government through GIZ (Journey to Self-Reliance - JSR). The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Counsel and advice farmers on farm cultivation, fertilization and harvesting.
- Conduct research and implement new technology and practices.
- Periodically analyze agricultural data and prepare reports.
- Support the PD in liaising with relevant government agencies and other stake holders.
- Promote understanding and cooperation between government regulatory agencies and farmers.
- Observe and inspect project demo farms, farmer’s crops and soils.
- In consultation with the PD, make presentations to farmers on farm management best practice.
- Respond to requests from farmers and stake holders.
- Draft periodic reports on completion of project activities and inputs to the PD.
- Day-to-day liaising with the PD on updates on progress and problems as they arise.
- Represent the PD and/or the Project in the absence of the PD as required.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director.