Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Air Cargo Consolidation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: According to grants validation
- Under the direct supervision of the Air Cargo Supervisor, ensure the timely, accurate, and effective management and implementation of the Air Cargo Consolidation Project.
Responsabilities And Tasks
- Participate in the implementation of the day-to-day activities of the Air Cargo Project
- Ensuring the cleanness and disinfects regularly the interior of the truck.
- Uses the equipment provide by PUI cautiously and avoid damages.
- Loads and uploads cargo from the partner warehouse to the truck and from the truck to PUI warehouse/airport.
- Transports cargo with care and avoid any damages and breakages of the items.
- Protect the items during transportation.
- Organizes the items correctly in order to be able to easily offload and unload the cargo.
- Under the management of cargo supervisor, segregates the different cargo by destinations when needed in PUI warehouse.
- Keep good relationship with other organizations workers.
- Makes sure that no external persons have access to the cargo.
- Ensure waybill or packing list are correctly corresponding with number cargo picked.
- Support cargo supervisor in all activities.
- Filling of all document into various folders
- Updating the follow up in the absence of the supervisor
- Scanning of all documents in the absence of the supervisor
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her line manager may judge necessary