First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Analyst, Database Management
Job ID: 1900003Y
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity
- Install and configure oracle and SQL databases
- Use database management system software and tools to investigate problems and collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Carries out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of database and related products.
- Respond to and resolve basic database issues Oracle and SQL
- Provides 24/7 Database Management Support on a Shift Basis
- Monitor database growth on a weekly basis to generate Utilization Statistics for Capacity Planning Management
- Administration of the bank’s Enterprise Backup and Recovery System while ensuring that adequate backup of data is taken and readily available for recovery and restoration
- Keep accurate inventory of all databases
- Ensure proper documentation of database infrastructure processes and procedures in the Departmental Standard of Operation Document (SOP).
- Ensure all Changes to the Configuration of databases follow strictly the bank’s change management process
- Prepare daily performance reports for databases
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Team Lead and Head, Datacenter Services