One Acre Fund is a non-profit social enterprise that supplies financing and training to help smallholders grow their way out of hunger and build lasting pathways to prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst to the Executive Director
Duration: Full-time job
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- We are seeking an exceptional professional to reflect the voice of and to execute on behalf of the Executive Director.
- As One Acre Fund grows, our Executive Director is focused on an increasingly diverse set of priorities, from communicating effectively with external partners to marshaling resources for new internal initiatives.
- We are seeking a detail-oriented, expert communicator to work very closely with him on those priorities in a role that will help steward One Acre Fund’s overall strategy.
The role will divide into three parts:
- Executive-level, strategic communications: We believe well-crafted communication of our strategy is critical to One Acre Fund’s success. This role will reflect the voice of our Executive Director in communications with the most important influencers in the sector and internal audiences. Most frequently, this involves researching and writing persuasive memos and presentations:
- Example: Work with our Executive Director to write the concept note / proposal of a new strategic initiative - for use with key donors and sector influencers.
- Example: Draft an annual strategy letter to set vision and guidance for internal staff.
- Example: Prepare and moderate a strategy-sharing presentation for our cross-country Town Hall meetings.
- One-off, fast analyses and tasks: These are analyses and tasks of one week or shorter duration, typically exploring a new strategic direction for the organization:
- Example: Write a memo summarizing the current state of agricultural research on sorghum and millet in East Africa.
- Example: Conduct research and recommend a methodology to use Purchasing Power Party (PPP) to make fair impact comparisons across countries of differing wealth.
- Long-running, One Acre Fund-wide initiatives: As we become more complex, there are an increasing number of projects that do not fall cleanly into an existing department. This role will steward key initiatives across multiple silos and stakeholders, often assisting our Executive Director in implementing important priorities:
- Example: Plan and execute on an org-wide initiative to significantly increase the number of job candidates referred by our staff - to satisfy the hiring needs of a fast-growing organization.
There is potential for this position to be scoped at a higher level. If so, additional responsibilities may include more active relationship management; management responsibilities for key deputies; increased scope of goal-setting and strategy-shaping for the organization.
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.