Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Ref Id: JR1030292
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- The Diageo Sales vision is to become the best performing most trusted and respected Consumer Packaged Goods Company in the world and in every market we operate. Our goal is to be ‘winning at the moment of choice’, winning big and beating the competition. This along with putting the consumer at the heart of everything we do, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners
- A key contributor to the success of the Guinness Nigeria's strategic plan is an effective & efficient field sales force developed to demonstrate industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building for our beer, non - alcoholics and spirit categories.
- Responsible for:
- Area field sales force overhead budget and effective use of all marketing spend to optimize sales force effectiveness
- Tactical activity budget and area expense management
- Area - geographically based across Nigeria with responsibility for a sales force of about 8 - 12 employees.
- Lead an Area Team and work directly with Territory Managers and Wholesale Managers - able to engage various stakeholders in the delivery of the Area objectives.
- Part of a Divisional Leadership Team with a minimum of 3+ Area Managers
- Create Possibilities - Creating ideas and opportunities to enable you and others to go beyond the existing situation. Stand in the future for both the market and Guinness Nigeria to shape that future
- Bring the Diageo purpose to life - Be an ambassador for Diageo, good role model for ethics, compliance and our reputation. Demonstrate pride and deep accountability for bringing the Sales vision and Nigeria Performance ambition to life
- Create conditions for people to succeed - A great coach who creates a proactive, supportive and challenging climate for team to thrive. Set performance objectives which direct individual/team contributions towards business objectives. Strong talent judgement and ability to grow others through coaching and mentoring.
Purpose of Role
- The Area Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing total beer and spirit sales out (depletion) in a particular geographical area.
- The Area Sales Manager ensures consistent profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment, training and management of sales team.
- He/She is also responsible for identifying objectives, strategies and action plans to achieve short and long term sales targets
- Selection of outlets for activation for the entire sales area
- Prioritizing capability development for direct team members
- Route mapping to Distributors, manning and coverage plan
- Tactical initiative design, execution and evaluation
- Drive achievement of profitable volume/market share target for beer and spirit for the Area via delivery of Outlet Execution standards for the Area.
- Ensure retail redistribution scheme (RRS) within the area is fully deployed and standards maintained as per the RRS guidelines
- Coach and train team members in line with monthly activities checklist: identify training needs of Territory Managers and Wholesale Managers, while supporting Territory Managers in the capability development of Van Sales Representatives and Van Sales Supervisors. Works with the Capability and Human Resources team to build team’s capability and ensure a strong talent pipeline
- Ensures brilliant execution of customer marketing/marketing promotional activity by ensuring the right outlets are selected, agencies are adhering to our standards, constant review of what is working and on time, in full delivery of required reporting.
- Fully understands the use of Salesforce Automation tool, trains team on its usage and ensures all parameters are adhered to