The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Armed and Security Forces Program Assistant (Military) - (FAS Program Assistant)
- Assist in the day to day administration of the Unit.
- Maintain a good working relationship between the ICRC and members of the Armed and security forces in the field.
- Support the Protection Department during visits to military detention places in other to ensure a smooth working relationship between the Team (ICRC) and the military authorities in the field.
- Conduct dissemination sessions on the applicable laws to relevant members of the armed forces deployed in the field.
- Maintains and organises dissemination stock. (Functions undertaken by the Media & Production Officer)
- Contributes to the development and production of dissemination tools.
- Assist in relationship building between the Military in the field and the sub-delegations with emphasis on the Northeast.
- Assist the FAS Head of Unit with Military and security situation briefing for Head of Delegation, Deputy Head of Delegation, Head of Sub Delegation Maiduguri and Field Delegates in the North East