Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies we provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Head, SME Banking
Supervisor: Reporting to Head SME Manager
- The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic agenda for SME
- Banking Department through balance sheet growth, Customer Acquisition,Customer retention, profit &; loss targets in order to support achievement of overall business strategy; in a cost effective and high return manner.
- The job holder will be involved in product development oversight aimed at sustaining the Bank’s competitive position within SME businesses. Coverage will be strictly loans and advances.
- The Chief's mission is to drive SME credit (Loans &; Advances) ranging from 4 million to 50 million Nigeria Naira across Nigeria.
- To Assist the Head, SME achieve and develop, lead the implementation of the SME Segment strategy in line with the overall Retail Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximisation and prudent cost management.
- To drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for the SME Banking through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships.
- Assist to build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers / suppliers / line manager /stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the SME Segment.
- Assist to drive customer-led propositions for the SME Banking Segment by developing a pipeline of value adding customer solutions to include customer experience, products, and service offers.
- Assist to ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new SME loan products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the Bank.
- Assist in Championing the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Assist in facilitating training programs to enhance product knowledge to the Retail Banking teams, branch staff and sales teams on SME Banking Products.
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at SME Banking, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that opportunities are realised and the risks mitigated.
- Assist in ensuring timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements whilst maintaining the quality of the SME portfolio within the stipulated NonPerforming Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing SME team.
- To meet monthly objective of ?150,000,000.00 i.e One hundred and fifty Million naira loan disbursement per month.