Insight Consult - We are committed to helping SMEs succeed in a challenging and tasking environment by providing them with the support they need to survive and grow. Our business strategy is ‘friendly interaction’ and ‘convenience’ because as challenging as doing business in Nigeria is, it is even more challenging for the small business owner who has difficulty finding the resources they need to succeed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager
- We are looking for a responsible Assistant Manager to help organize and ensure the sales team meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- You would be in charge of hiring and training sales associates, monitoring inventory and ordering merchandise based on demand.
- You will also research competitive products and analyze consumer behavior to ensure our store meets and exceeds client expectations.
- Assist the Retail Store Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
- Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
- Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
- Monitor and maintain store inventory
- Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
- Coach and support new and existing Sales Associates
- Monitor retail operating costs, budgets and resources
- Suggest sales training programs and techniques
- Communicate with clients and evaluate their needs
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust product positioning
- Handle complaints from customers
- Research emerging products and use information to update the store’s merchandise
- Create reports, analyze and interpret retail data, like revenues, expenses and competition
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the store is functionable and presentable
- Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
- Our ideal candidate will have retail manager skills with a sharp business mindset. You should also be skilled at organizing and solving problems. Interpersonal and mediation skills will also be very useful, since you’ll often be acting as a liaison between managers, employees and customers.