Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Gwoza & Dikwa, Borno State
Position Type: Regular
Slots: 1 per location
Duration: 4 months (extendable)
- The Assistant Project is responsible for managing a team of Food Livelihood and Nutrition Security (FLNS at a Local Government Area (LGA). This team will work very closely with the community, project participants (beneficiaries), State Authorities, LGA Authorities, national and International NGOs, national partners, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to ensure effective planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of FLNS interventions.
- The incumbent will ensure that projects are implemented as per the approved proposals and CARE’s programming approach. The incumbent is responsible for preparation of high quality reports in a timely manner.
Scope of Work
- Assist the Project Manager and act in his/her absence.
- Overall supervision of FLNS activities
- Supervise FLNS staff at the LGA
- Provide technical input to FLNS encompassing Agriculture, Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA)
- Supervise field studies, assessments etc.
- Prepare high quality timely project field reports at
- Identify training needs for staff and inform project manager
- Prepare monthly project implementation plans
- Prepare monthly budget of the FLNS activities in the LGA and submit to the Project manager
- Carry out direct reports performance appraisals as required in a timely manner.
- Effectively represent CARE at the LGA before the LGA authorities, communities, national and
- Participate in workshops, trainings and meetings organized by CARE and other agencies and contribute effectively to the success of the events.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to by project manager or his/her designate.